There Is no God
(and you know it)
How To Be A Stoic
Freedom From Religion
The Contrary Farmer
The Contrary Minister
The Contrary Musician
The Great Agnostic
News and Opinion
and Without Profit
Mendocino Country & Environs
Gene Logsdon (RIP)
The Contrary Farmer
William Edelen (RIP)
The Contrary Minister
OTHER POPULAR CATEGORIES
Around Mendo Island
Robert Ingersoll - The Great Agnostic
Thom Hartmann - Rebooting Series
Seven Myths of Industrial Agriculture
Dave Smith ~ Editor/Publisher
*UPDATE: The Contrary Musician
Shortcuts To Mastering Piano & Guitar
How Playing an Instrument
Benefits Your Brain
Creating music is a
random act of kindness
- Why Congress needs an openly atheist member, now…
- How Fish Oil Is Made…
- How Music Works…
- STOICON ’16: the largest gathering of Stoics, ever?
- William Edelen: It’s In the Genes — The Bright Light of Truth
- Sunday Song: Why I Don’t Believe In God
- Freethinker: Friedrich Nietzsche Born On This Day In 1844…
- TODD WALTON: Sweet Libby’s
- Trump in Exile…
- Deep Time…
- Paul Wegman Taylor on Freethinker: Friedrich Nietzsche Born On This Day In 1844…
- Albert Krauss on Trump in Exile…
- Paul Wegman Taylor on Michael Moore: Trump Is Not The Only Grabber Who Must Go…
- Jeffrey O'Neill on TODD WALTON: Home Court
- Albert Krauss on The conflict between capitalism and the environment is the fight of the century…
- Albert Krauss on Some of my best friends are Jewish, and other confessions of an Ex-Muslim…
- Diane Pool on Love A Spud
- Elaine H on Love A Spud
- Matt S. on Sam Harris on Trump…
- nancyabramsblogger on Monty Python: Every Sperm Is Sacred
Independent News & Blog Feeds
- Mendocino County Today: Thursday, Oct. 20, 2016Debate Highlights; Shelter Thoughts; Corruption Charge; Norvell Namecalling; SoCo SOD; MiddletownMercury.com; Bumble & Klutz; DUI Sentence; Ukiah Dispensaries; Little Dog; Yesterday's Catch; Come January; Community Enrichment; Library Event; Bookshop Events; Waikiki Sunset; Rigged Election
- A Pentagon Film on Megacities and the Future
- Charles Shaw FishingMy friend and client Ed Beard told me about a new couple in the Napa Valley. They had bought a small parcel and built a small winery and home. Ed suggested to me that they might be a future client of mine. At that time I was vineyard consulting for ten or so vineyard owners […]
- Get The ShotgunWhen I woke up, I was struck first by the silence — a deep and complete absence of sound that seemed to have a shape and weight all its own — and then by the cold. My breath puffed visibly in vaporous plumes as I struggled to orient myself to the prevailing reality. I was […]
- Eye of the StockwomanOn the voyage from corporate life at Williams-Sonoma to the running of a 210 acre ranch with over 100 animals, Kelli has developed a different kind of eye along the way; the eye of the stockwoman.
- A Conversation with RSF Social Finance CEO Don Shaffer"People get buried in a blizzard of financial terms that obfuscates—makes opaque—what is going on, furthers the paradigm of, “We’ll just take care of you. Here are the reports—full of jargon and charts and analytics that are virtually meaningless to you."
- Trade Winds of Change: Charting a New CourseCorporate interest-driven trade agreements, including the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) are undermining the very principles of government by the people, and if approved, would continue to reverse hard-won progress for environmental integrity, social justice and economic development. It doesn’t h […]
- Proust on Why We Read"The end of a book’s wisdom appears to us as merely the start of our own, so that at the moment when the book has told us everything it can, it gives rise to the feeling that it has told us nothing."
- Time Is When: A Charming Vintage Children’s Book About the Most Perplexing Dimension of Existence"Time is from before to now; from now to later. Time is when."
- The Future Hiding in Plain SightCarl Jung used to argue that meaningful coincidences—in his jargon, synchronicity—were as important as cause and effect in shaping the details of human life. Whether that’s true in the broadest sense, I’ll certainly vouch for the fact that they’re a constant presence in The Archdruid Report. Time and again, just as I sit down to write a post on some theme, s […]
- An Afternoon in Early AutumnI think it was the late science writer Stephen Jay Gould who coined the term “deep time” for the vast panorama opened up to human eyes by the last three hundred years or so of discoveries in geology and astronomy. It’s a useful label for an even more useful concept. In our lives, we deal with time in days, seasons, years, decades at most; decades, centuries […]
- Sweden Just Got Its First Religion-Free CemeteryIn a story that shouldn't be a story, Sweden has opened its first cemetery that doesn't include any religious symbols on the tombstones, effectively creating a space for atheists to be buried without going through any of the rituals of faith.
- The Green Party Openly Preferred George W. Bush in 2000 and Openly Prefers Donald Trump NowThe Green Party didn't just play spoiler in 2000 by handing Florida (and, therefore, the presidency) to George W. Bush. Ralph Nader was actively supportive of that idea. And now, Jill Stein is doing the same irresponsible thing, arguing that Donald Trump would be better in the White House than Hillary Clinton, even though the GOP actively opposes the Gr […]
- Montana Gubernatorial Candidate Greg Gianforte is Criticized in New Ad for His CreationismThe gubernatorial race in Montana is between the incumbent Democrat, who accepts science, and Republican Greg Gianforte, a Creationist. And now, a political action committee has released an ad calling out Gianforte for his science denial.
- AZ School Sends Girls to Mandatory Christian Abstinence Assembly, Boys to Voluntary Dating SeminarOfficials at Payson High School, a public school in Arizona, may be rethinking their sex ed curriculum after inviting Christian abstinence advocate Brad Henning to the school to speak to students. Well, sort of...He spoke to the girls about sex -- and how they shouldn't have it -- in a mandatory assembly, during the school day, attended by all 350 femal […]
- A Catholic Church in Ontario is Now Home to a Statue Featuring a Freaky Baby Jesus HeadA replacement head for a Catholic Church's Baby Jesus statue is getting a lot of attention because of how horrifying it is.
- Watch This Glorious Movie Trailer Featuring an Evil Pope Hellbent on Getting RevengeI don't know what I just watched, but it involves the Pope, terrorism, Black Jesus, a Papal conclave party, lasers, gore, violence, nudity, and a child who... well, you'll see.
- Pray Those Abortions AwayJust imagine if Christians prayed these prayers and God answered. Every fall and spring, anti-abortion activists step up protests during a time that they call 40 Days for Life and clinic staff call 40 Days of Harassment—or simply 40 Days … Continue reading →
- Hey Young Women – Think Twice about Changing Your NameImagine a female presidential candidate whose name reminds people of her independent existence rather than her marital status. Much of America appears to think that Bill Clinton is up for a third term—that Hillary in the Oval Office is really a … Continue reading →
- Exiled Bangladeshi writer who was attacked for his criticism of religion receives International Writer of Courage AwardBy Adi Chowdhury “We are challenging this process through rational thinking and through our writing. Anyone who wishes to counter us can do so through their writing. But please do not issue fatwas to have me, to have us, killed. Do not dispatch undercover assassins with knives and guns.” Such are the words of Bangladeshi publisher… Continue reading Exiled Ba […]
- The Baseless and Detrimental Nature of “Gender Roles” Shoved Onto Our YouthBy Adi Chowdhury “Real men don’t cry.” “Real women should like cooking and cleaning .” “Real men don’t show their feelings.” “Real women always wear nice clothes.” “Real men don’t like the color pink.” “Real women should play with dolls, not action figures.” “Real men play with action figures, not dolls.” “Real women have ‘caring’… Continue reading The Basel […]
- Dueling Decals Reveal Why Forgiveness Fails.If you hang out on Twitter, you might have seen a peculiar decal making the rounds: a stylized rainbow man embracing a stylized man printed with the Confederate flag. Beneath the figures is the slogan "FORGIVENESS 2016." Variants of the figures (some quite inventive) and comments on them have been making the rounds extensively, mostly in a mocking […]
- Paul Ryan Doesn’t Understand: Reverence IS Objectification.Members of the Christian Right may not realize this, but objectification takes at least two forms. Donald Trump is expressing the most obvious and direct form of it. But his Christian critics are, themselves, expressing the other form of it without even realizing they're doing it--or why.
- Why Doesn’t “Sodomy” Refer to a Lack of Hospitality?Last week I wrote a piece about the traces of nascent humanism in the teachings of Jesus, and toward the end of that post I indicated that I view those socially progressive threads in light of a larger prophetic tradition within the Jewish faith, a tradition in which Jesus himself may rightly belong: [PDF version [Read More...]
- Come See Me at Skepticon 9 (Nov. 11-13)If you happen to be within traveling distance of Springfield, MO the second weekend in November, I’ll be presenting a workshop at Skepticon 9 on the afternoon of Friday the 11th at 4pm. My topic? “Nonversations: How NOT to Talk to Very Religious People” If you’ve been following some of the ongoing discussion about how to [Read More...]
- Question of the Week – 10/19/16For many secular Americans, the pressure to pretend to be religious, to play along, can be enormous. Being honest about their identity can be frightening and not without personal cost. What advice would you give to someone who wants to openly identify as a nonbeliever for the first time? Our favorite answer wins a copy of A Brief Candle in the Dark by Richar […]
- Anti-Vaxxers Accidentally Fund a Study Showing No Link Between Autism and VaccinesBy Jessica Firger Most experts today agree the belief that childhood vaccines cause autism is based on bunk science. Even still, some advocacy groups claim immunizations are responsible for raising the risk for this neurodevelopmental condition, despite a growing body of research that shows there isn’t a link. (The study that most anti-vaccination groups poi […]
- Trump in ExileIt is a cliché, of course, to claim that a presidential election is the most important in living memory. But we arrived at that point in the 2016 campaign many months ago, when both sides declared their opponent unqualified for office. Unfortunately, this time the cliché is true, and one side is actually right. A choice this stark proves that there is someth […]
- The Frontiers of Political CorrectnessIn this episode of the Waking Up podcast, Sam Harris speaks with Gad Saad about political correctness, academic taboos, Islam, immigration, Donald Trump, and other topics.Gad Saad is Professor of Marketing at Concordia University (Montreal, Canada) and the holder of the Concordia University Research Chair in Evolutionary Behavioral Sciences and Darwinian Con […]
- The Stoic spectrum and the thorny issue of preferred indifferentsOne of the things I truly enjoy about Stoicism is its alleged “paradoxes.” Cicero wrote a whole book to explain them, and they still puzzle people when they first (and second, and third) encounter them. It doesn’t seem too far-fetched to think that the Stoics perversely enjoyed to present their doctrines in the form of … Continue reading The Stoic spectrum a […]
- STOICON ’16: the largest gathering of Stoics, everSTOICON ’16 just ended in New York City, and according to one of our speakers, Bill Irvine, it was the largest gathering of Stoics, ever: 331 attendees. It was, more importantly, an amazing opportunity to meet and mingle with people from different parts of the world who are interested in, or regularly practice, Stoicism as … Continue reading STOICON ’16: t […]
- My journey from CatholicismBy Flashfan12 ~ It truly is sad how religion is practically forced down Children's throats these days, something I can personally attest to.St. Peter's Basilica at Early Morning (Photo credit: Wikipedia)When I was younger, I grew up in a Catholic environment- my father, sister and mother were all Catholics, my grandparents were all heavily devoted, […]
- The Question Needing an Immediate InvestigationBy Carl S ~ Several years ago on this site, a reader mentioned questions he used in conversations with religious believers. The subject was "The problem of evil." Why is there evil in the world? This is explained by the religious as, "Evil came into the world and persists because human beings have free will. Humans freely chose and still choos […]
- Florida Ballot Measure Could Halt Rooftop Solar, but Do Voters Know That?Amendment 1 is written in pro-solar language, but it is backed by the state's utilities and opponents say it will crush the growth of solar in the Sunshine State. By Martin LaMonica Floridians will vote on a constitutional amendment that is couched in pro-solar power language but would actually give utilities, which are funding the ballot measure, more […]
- Local Bans on Fracking Hang in the Balance in Colorado Ballot FightFunded largely by the oil and gas industry, Amendment 71 would put big hurdles in Colorado's relatively easy path to changing its state constitution. By Marianne Lavelle In the wake of helping defeat two recent ballot measures that could have reined in fracking in Colorado, the state's oil and gas industry is leading a campaign to sharply limit fut […]
- Alert: Typhoons cause failure of ‘ice wall’ around Fukushima reactors — Highly radioactive water flowing into ocean — Structure “critically affected” — Fears over multiple sections of barrier that have thawed — Expert: “The plan to block groundwater is failing” (VIDEO). . . → Read More: Alert: Typhoons cause failure of ‘ice wall’ around Fukushima reactors — Highly radioactive water flowing into ocean — Structure “critically affected” — Fears over multiple sections of barrier that have thawed — Expert: “The plan to block groundwater is failing” (VIDEO)
- TV: “Astronomical amounts of radiation” found in downtown Tokyo… Directly outside gov’t building — ‘Horrific’ readings where kids playing in Fukushima, ‘extreme’ levels found where food is grown for elementary school lunches — Nuclear expert shocked, upset by discovery (VIDEO). . . → Read More: TV: “Astronomical amounts of radiation” found in downtown Tokyo… Directly outside gov’t building — ‘Horrific’ readings where kids playing in Fukushima, ‘extreme’ levels found where food is grown for elementary school lunches — Nuclear expert shocked, upset by discovery (VIDEO)
There is NO EVIDENCE that the Bible is from or inspired by a God, or that either of these two man-made biblical scriptures -- foundational to Christianism -- is true:
Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." John 3:16: "For God so loved the world that He gave is only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." NONE.
Most Popular Posts...
The Religion of Usefulness
What Is Freethought?
The Meaning and Value of Freethought
Freethought Keeps On Winning
Lists of Freethinkers/Atheists
The Freethinker and The Improved Man
We are all Stardust...
We're The Lucky Ones
~A Guide To The Good Life: The Ancient Art of Stoic Joy~
If I were not a Buddhist, I would most likely be a Stoic
Finding Meaning in a Purposeless Universe
Why Won't God Heal Amputees?
~Fundamentalism is the Tragedy of All Religions~
History Of Religion In Three Minutes
The Whole Christian Story in 101 Words
~Christianism: A Relationship Built On Threats~
Exoneration of Jesus Christ
Losing Faith: Yahweh or the Highway
Christianism Disproved Beyond a Reasonable Doubt
Psychological Harms of Bible Believing Christianism
Mondragon: The Loving Society That Is Our Inevitable Future
Living From Our Local Landscape and Countryside - Wendell Berry
The Idea of a Local Economy - Wendell Berry
The Work of Local Culture - Wendell Berry
Finding Meaningful Work - Dave Smith
Cesar Chavez: When Your Guru Goes Gaga - Dave Smith
~Embrace the Mystery~
~Mindfulness Without Religion~
Intelligence, Not the Bible, Is The Only Moral Guide
Religion Is The Root Of All Ignorance
An Organized Collection of Irrational Nonsense
Free of the Biblical God
Don't Mess With God
~Guide to all the Gods~
Alphabetical List of all the Gods
Where Is The Graveyard of Dead Gods?
~List of Religions and Spiritual Traditions~
~Guide to Christianist Denominations: Can you, gentle seeker, find the one true way in these 41,000 alternatives that teaches the exact infallible biblical truth and save your soul from the one true god's eternal damnation? Time's a'wasting...~
Guide to the 40 Best Atheist Arguments
God's Killings in the Bible
God Is Imaginary
Religion Is Terrorism
Christian History 101
An Open Letter To Jesus Christ
12 Really Bad Religious Ideas That Have Made The World Worse
What Leaving Religion Has Done For Me
Carl Sagan Took My Faith and Gave Me Awe
The 30-Second God Debate
Richard Dawkins: The God Delusion
A Christian and a Buddhist Walk Into A Cartoon
The bible has got to go...
Think you're headed for heaven? Think again...
Not Afraid of Burning In Hell
The 20 Basic Reasons To Abandon Christianism
Religion Is Not Only Mistaken, But Does More Harm Than Good - Valerie Tarico
More Valerie Tarico
Religion, Terror, and the Future of Reason - Sam Harris
More Sam Harris
What Muslims Believe
Telling the Truth about the Holy Bible - Robert Ingersoll
How To Be Saved - Robert Ingersoll
The Great Infidels - Robert Ingersoll
Interactive Chart of Biblical Contradictions
Apology for Christianity
Let The Mystery Be
More Socialism — Less Capitalism
The Socialist Alternative
Why support independent, locally owned businesses?
The Local Multiplier Effect
The Dirty F@#*ing Hippies Were Right!
Summary of the Collapse of Industrial Civilization
Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so. ~Robert Ingersoll
All religion is a foolish answer to a foolish question. ~Thomas Shelby
The strongly religious fear our capacity for moral reasoning that does not require a magical, invisible deity. They fear our ability to be ethical without the threat of hell or the reward of heaven. They fear that our allegiance is not to this or that country, or this or that prophet, or this or that guru, but to humanity as a whole. ~Phil Zuckerman
The idea that God could only forgive our sins by having his son tortured to death as a scapegoat is surely, from an objective point of view, a deeply unpleasant idea. If God wanted to forgive us our sins, why didn’t he just forgive them? Why did he have to have his son tortured? ~Richard Dawkins
Small is beautiful, when small is skilled and dedicated. ~Gene Logsdon
All religions are lies and scams, and all believers are victims. ~David Silverman
We [atheists] have no martyrs, we have no saints. ~Christopher Hitchens
Morality is doing right, no matter what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, no matter what is right. ~H L Mencken
I've observed that people tend to live at one of two extremes in the spectrum of life: those who live on the edge, and those who avoid the edge. Those who live on the edge are hanging out in the most dangerous and unstable places — yet they're also often the most powerful agents of change, because the edge is where change is happening; away from the edge, things are naturally unchanging. ~Thom Hartmann
Religion. It's given people hope in a world torn apart by religion. ~Jon Stewart
My 12th year was my most Christian and most boring year in my life. ~Chuck Berry
Come on. You just can’t come up with anything more ridiculous than someone who honestly thinks that all human woes stem from an incident in which a talking snake accosted a naked woman in a primeval garden and talked her into eating a piece of fruit. ~Keith Parsons
When men stop believing in God, it isn't that they then believe in nothing: they believe in everything. ~Umberto Eco
Christians don’t need to be born again, they need to grow up. ~John Shelby Spong
Life is not a problem to be solved, nor a question to be answered. Life is a mystery to be experienced. ~Alan Watts
Society is like a stew: If you don't stir it up every now and then, the scum rises to the top.~Edward Abbey
You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ~Buckminster Fuller
How thoughtful of God to arrange matters so that, wherever you happen to be born, the local religion always turns out to be the true one. ~ Richard Dawkins
I’m not saying there isn’t a god, but there isn’t a god who cares about people. And who wants a god who doesn’t give a shit? ~Robert Munsch
One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion. ~Arthur C. Clarke
Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish. ~ Anon
When you understand why you dismiss all the other gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. ~ Stephen Roberts
Life is without meaning. You bring the meaning to it. The meaning of life is whatever you ascribe it to be. Being alive is the meaning. ~ Joseph Campbell
The only true definition of an atheist: a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in God or gods. ~Oxford English Dictionary
You have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Faith is just another word for gullibility.
I sang as one / Who on a tilting deck sings / To keep men's courage up, though the wave hangs / That shall cut off their sun. ~C. Day Lewis
Browse The Categories
Browse The Archives
Books of the Freethinkers Bible
What is a fact beyond all doubt is that we share an ancestor with every other species of animal and plant on the planet. We know this because some genes are recognizably the same genes in all living creatures, including animals, plants and bacteria. And, above all, the genetic code itself — the dictionary by which all genes are translated — is the same across all living creatures that have ever been looked at. We are all cousins. Your family tree includes not just obvious cousins like chimpanzees and monkeys but also mice, buffaloes, iguanas, wallabies, snails, dandelions, golden eagles, mushrooms, whales, wombats and bacteria. All are our cousins. Every last one of them. Isn't that a far more wonderful thought than any myth? And the most wonderful thing of all is that we know for certain it is literally true...
The whole world is made of incredibly tiny things, much too small to be visible to the naked eye — and yet none of the myths or so-called holy books that some people, even now, think were given to us by an all-knowing god, mentions them at all! In fact, when you look at those myths and stories, you can see that they don't contain any of the knowledge that science has patiently worked out. They don't tell us how big or how old the universe is; they don't tell us how to treat cancer; they don't explain gravity or the internal combustion engine; they don't tell us about germs, or anesthetics. In fact, unsurprisingly, the stories in holy books don't contain any more information about the world than was known to the primitive peoples who first started telling them! If these 'holy books' really were written, or dictated, or inspired, by all-knowing gods, don't you think it's odd that those gods said nothing about any of these important and useful things? -Richard Dawkins
Prayer seems to me a cry of weakness, and an attempt to avoid, by trickery, the rules of the game as laid down. I do not choose to admit weakness. I accept the challenge of responsibility. Life, as it is, does not frighten me, since I have made my peace with the universe as I find it, and bow to its laws… It seems to me that organized creeds are collections of words around a wish. I feel no need for such.
I know that nothing is destructible; things merely change forms. When the consciousness we know as life ceases, I know that I shall still be part and parcel of the world. I was a part before the sun rolled into shape and burst forth in the glory of change. I was, when the earth was hurled out from its fiery rim. I shall return with the earth to Father Sun, and still exist in substance when the sun has lost its fire, and disintegrated into infinity to perhaps become a part of the whirling rubble of space. Why fear? The stuff of my being is matter, ever changing, ever moving, but never lost; so what need of denominations and creeds to deny myself the comfort of all my fellow men? -Zora Neale Hurston
Socialist Alternative is the organization that spearheaded the campaign to elect Kshama Sawant to Seattle City Council, the first independent socialist elected in a major U.S. city in decades. We are a national organization fighting in our workplaces, communities, and campuses against the exploitation and injustices people face every day. We are community activists fighting against budget cuts in public services; we are activists campaigning for a $15/hour minimum wage and fighting, democratic unions; we are people of all colors speaking out against racism and attacks on immigrants, students organizing against tuition hikes and war, women and men fighting sexism and homophobia.
We believe the Republicans and Democrats are both parties of big business, and we are campaigning to build an independent, alternative party of workers and young people to fight for the interests of the millions, not the millionaires.
We see the global capitalist system as the root cause of the economic crisis, poverty, discrimination, war, and environmental destruction. As capitalism moves deeper into crisis, a new generation of workers and youth must join together to take the top 500 corporations into public ownership under democratic control to end the ruling elites’ global competition for profits and power.
We believe the dictatorships that existed in the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe were perversions of what socialism is really about.
We are for democratic socialism where ordinary people will have control over our daily lives.
An atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church. An atheist believes that deed must be done instead of prayer said. An atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into death. He wants disease conquered, poverty vanished, war eliminated. ~Madalyn Murray O'Hair, Founder
In the history of the world, the number of times a supernatural anything has been proven true is zero. Every god, ghost, spirit, devil, possession, and miracle ever claimed true is a lie. No exceptions. The number of times an atheistic (godless) argument has been proven wrong by a theistic argument is zero... In contrast, every time a theist-versus-atheist argument has been settled, an atheistic argument has won. This does not mean science is antireligion; it just means (or rather, strongly implies) religion is wrong... I challenge anyone to find any scientifically valid testable proof of anything supernatural, ever. If you can prove it, even once, I'll quit my job. I'm not nervous, as it has never been done in history, because it's ALL a lie. ~David Silverman, President
Local Organic Family Farms
THE SMALL ORGANIC FARM greatly discomforts the corporate/ industrial mind because the small organic farm is one of the most relentlessly subversive forces on the planet. Over centuries both the communist and the capitalist systems have tried to destroy small farms because small farmers are a threat to the consolidation of absolute power.
Thomas Jefferson said he didn’t think we could have democracy unless at least 20% of the population was self-supporting on small farms so they were independent enough to be able to tell an oppressive government to stuff it.
It is very difficult to control people who can create products without purchasing inputs from the system, who can market their products directly thus avoiding the involvement of mercenary middlemen, who can butcher animals and preserve foods without reliance on industrial conglomerates, and who can’t be bullied because they can feed their own faces. ~Eliot Coleman
Are The Heart
Of Free Communities
The only "hallowed halls"
I know of exist in
libraries and bookstores.
They saved my life. ~ ds
If you have a garden
and a library,
you have everything
you need. ~ Cicero