Thanks President Reagan… your economics suck!
Mendocino Country & Environs
The Contrary Musician
Shortcuts To Mastering Piano & Guitar
How Playing an Instrument
Benefits Your Brain
Creating music is a
random act of kindness
- Happy Holiday Hiatus
- Van Lifers in Europe…
- Humanist Freethinker: Robert Carlile
- 5 Best Reasons Why There Is No God…
- Whose Consumption Is Killing The Planet?
- Trump’s move to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital appeals to Evangelical Christian’s death cultists…
- TODD WALTON: The End of Something
- History of the Taker Culture…
- High-tech suicide machine makes death a painless, peaceful, optimal way to go…
- Trump and Moore – Birther Buddies Reunite to Promote More Lies…
- izzy on Whose Consumption Is Killing The Planet?
- james Houle on Trump’s move to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital appeals to Evangelical Christian’s death cultists…
- izzy on High-tech suicide machine makes death a painless, peaceful, optimal way to go…
- R and D on 10 Right Wing Companies That Every Progressive Should Boycott…
- Mary on High-tech suicide machine makes death a painless, peaceful, optimal way to go…
- Mary on Trump Bingo…
- Pinky on Trump Bingo…
- R and D on Are You Ready To Consider That Capitalism Is The Real Problem?
- james Houle on Are You Ready To Consider That Capitalism Is The Real Problem?
- Paul Wegman Taylor on Are You Ready To Consider That Capitalism Is The Real Problem?
Independent News & Blog Feeds
- On Rolling Your Volkswagen…There are things my mind does, in its relentless pursuit of inefficiency and procrastination, shouldn't happen to a dog, but one thing it's good for is it slows down and stays steady in the middle of an emergency, and it was this mind that said, in a quantum second, “This doesn't look good.” I knew […]
- Life on the Old Llano SecoBy the time Bruce and I finished getting the grain beds set up on the trucks it was ten to six and we were going to have to hurry to wash up before supper.
- Florida Times, 2017A week before Thanksgiving at the Fort Walton Florida airport I was met by my sister-in-law Robin, a retired public health nurse who now sits on the board of a local homeless organization. The Crestview organization is a necessarily modest affair due to the recent cut off of a state grant. Instead of multipurpose homeless […]
- Goodbye, ColumbusIt's Thanksgiving as I write this — the holidays will inexorably assert themselves despite our (my) best efforts to ignore them, every year like clockwork (or calendarwork, really) — and it occurs to me that this is the one holiday containing built-in instructions for its celebration right in the title: Give thanks, it says. And […]
- Good Guys Don’t Get a Pass to Do Bad Things
- Beyond the Johnson Amendment: More Reasons for Humanists to Worry about the Tax Bill
- Advocating Equality: The Case for a More Frugal Santa Claus
- The Houston Riot of 1917
- Hellbound Happiness
- The Humanist Dilemma: How Can a Minimalist Avoid All the Gift Exchanges this Time of Year?
- The Comics Section: Playing the Classics
- Jerusalem: Monument to Human Narcissism
- Reason through Song: LA’s Atheist Choir Harmonizes without Religion
- Rules Are for Schmucks: The Most Racist Country in the World?
- Republicans finally find something more important than a 20 percent corporate tax rate
- Senate Republicans bravely denounce Roy Moore the day after he loses
- Tillerson says U.S. is willing to talk to North Korea about anything, even ‘the weather.’ Really.
- Parental notification laws delay minors’ access to abortion care, study finds
- Jason Kander explains why Mitch McConnell must immediately seat Doug Jones
- Doug Jones could kill the GOP tax bill. Here’s how Mitch McConnell can stop him.
- Obamacare enrollment is winding down. How successful was Trump’s sabotage?
- Black Alabamians discuss their decisive role in Doug Jones’ victory
- Government watchdog: Trump administration illegally withheld funds for innovative energy research
- Afghans fearful as CIA-backed militias patrol the ground and U.S. drones haunt the skies
- Brexit: UK makes last-ditch appeal to EU for trade talks before March
- Palestinians no longer accept US as mediator, Abbas tells summit
- Alabama election: Democrats triumph over Roy Moore in major blow to Trump
- Chris Froome fights to save career after failed drugs test result
- New York bombing suspect planned to 'kill, maim and destroy', prosecutors say
- Sweden's 'laser man' killer John Ausonius goes on trial in Germany
- Former Apprentice contestant Omarosa resigns from Trump administration
- Global warming made Hurricane Harvey deadly rains three times more likely, research reveals
- Chinese authorities collecting DNA from all residents of Xinjiang
- Chinese gang accused of selling poisoned darts to kill dogs for meat
- We Saved Net Neutrality Once. We Can Do It AgainIf you’ve heard the term “net neutrality,” is it something you imagine only internet fanatics can grasp? Not at all. It simply refers to baseline protection ensuring that no internet service provider can “interfere with or block web traffic, or favor their own services at the expense of smaller rivals.” As such, it is integral to democratic dialogue. […]
- Here’s What’s at Stake for the 21 Kids Suing the Trump Administration over Climate ChangeOn Monday, a group of 21 youth plaintiffs currently suing the federal government over climate change will go before a federal court to argue that their case — which legal experts have classified as a groundbreaking piece of climate litigation — should be allowed to proceed to trial.
- How does a Multistakeholder Co-op Work?The Ecological Land Co-operative (ELC) was set up to address the lack of affordable sites for ecological land-based livelihoods. A life on the land is a dream for many, but one in which the barriers are high, and the ELC recognised that this needed to be addressed.
- Jad Abumrad Reads an Ode to the Glory of Tiny Creatures and Celebrates His Mother’s Scientific PersistenceIn praise of the invisible heroisms and unglamorous triumphs of nature and the human spirit.
- The Heartening Illustrated Story of How Blues Pioneer Muddy Waters Transmuted Loss and Loneliness into Music That Changed History"The guitar howled like a wolf: powerful, lonely, and proud."
- Disciplines, fields, and virtues: the full Stoic system in one neat packageI’ve been studying Stoicism as a practical philosophy fairly intensely for several years now, and up until recently I accepted what has become received wisdom in the modern Stoicism community about the relationship among three important components of Stoic philosophy:... Read More ›
- The philosophy and science of (Stoic) free willTime to tackle again the debate that never goes away: how is the Stoic idea that we can work to improve our character, or — which is the same — Epictetus’ contention that some things are up to us and... Read More ›
Browse The Archives
Browse The Categories
- !ACTION CENTER! (312)
- Around Mendo Island (611)
- Around the web (3,026)
- Atheism (263)
- Authoritarian Alert (23)
- Aw, ya selfish greedy bastards ya (79)
- Basic Income (1)
- Bernie Sanders (73)
- Books (218)
- Bullshit Buzzer (34)
- Christian Crock of the Week (78)
- Church and State (13)
- Climate Change (44)
- Dave Smith (237)
- FATAL HARVEST: The Seven Myths of Industrial Agriculture (8)
- Food (17)
- Freethought (214)
- Garden Farm Skills (32)
- Gene Logsdon Blog – The Contrary Farmer (253)
- Guest Posts (189)
- Humanism (54)
- Humanist Freethinkers (399)
- Impeach Trump (27)
- Industrial Agriculture (16)
- Ingersoll Foundations of Faith Series (7)
- Islamism (36)
- James Houle (52)
- Jeff Cox (9)
- Localism (11)
- Mendo Island Transition (212)
- Mendo Slaughterhouse (8)
- Mendocino Talking (18)
- More Socialism — Less Capitalism (29)
- Music (4)
- Nomads (4)
- Organic Food & Recipes (28)
- Patrick Ford Talks (2)
- Please Lord, Save Us From Your Followers (74)
- Rational Suicide: Intended for Seniors and the Seriously Ill (and their families) (27)
- Religion (42)
- Religion Is Terrorism (12)
- Robert Ingersoll – The Great Agnostic (54)
- Sam Harris (21)
- Seeds (13)
- Small Business Skills (29)
- Social Security (21)
- Socialism, Democratic (4)
- Stoics (25)
- Sunday Song (39)
- Thom Hartmann Rebooting Series (13)
- Todd Walton (307)
- Vote No on Measure A (40)
- Walmart Blues Series (13)
- Will Parrish (145)
- William Edelen Blog – The Contrary Minister (182)