ds · June 14, 2009 · Around the web, Climate Change · Anchor Bay, Boonville, Calpella, Caspar, Cleone, Comptche, Covelo, Dos Rios, Elk, Fort Bragg, Gualala, HInglenook, Hopland, Laytonville, Leggett, Manchester, Mendo, Mendocino County, Navarro, Newport, Noyo, Philo, Piercy, Point Arena, Potter Valley, Redwood Valley, Rockport, ukiah, Ukiah Valley, Westport, Willits Albion, Yorkville
There Is no God
(and you know it)
Freedom From Religion
The Contrary Farmer
The Contrary Minister
The Contrary Musician
The Great Agnostic
News and Opinion
and Without Profit
Mendocino Country & Environs
Gene Logsdon (RIP)
The Contrary Farmer
William Edelen (RIP)
The Contrary Minister
OTHER POPULAR CATEGORIES
Around Mendo Island
Robert Ingersoll - The Great Agnostic
Thom Hartmann - Rebooting Series
Seven Myths of Industrial Agriculture
Dave Smith ~ Editor/Publisher
The Contrary Musician
Shortcuts To Mastering Piano & Guitar
How Playing an Instrument
Benefits Your Brain
Creating music is a
random act of kindness
- TODD WALTON: Magenta Queen
- Today Is International Blasphemy Rights Day…
- Sarah Haider, Co-Founder of Ex-Muslims in North America, Shares Her Transition to Atheism…
- Book Review: The Myth of Human Supremacy
- Rational Suicide: Jules Hunter committed suicide after a long battle with MS and a rare condition that left her in constant agony…
- Addicted to Christianity? Former Christians Say Yes and No…
- Scientific Facts Are Not Up For Debate…
- Kurt Vonnegut: Hooray For Our Team…
- Killing People and Breaking Things: U.S. Special Operations Command Details Dismal U.S. Military Record…
- Want to hear about Islam? Why not hear it from a woman who grew up as Muslim in the Middle East?
- Albert Krauss on Some of my best friends are Jewish, and other confessions of an Ex-Muslim…
- Diane Pool on Love A Spud
- Elaine H on Love A Spud
- Matt S. on Sam Harris on Trump…
- nancyabramsblogger on Monty Python: Every Sperm Is Sacred
- Talladega Tom on Prayer?
- ds on TODD WALTON: Actual Abstract
- izzy on Phil Baldwin: No On Trump, No On Hillary…
- Paul Wegman Taylor on America Needs To Listen To What Colin Kaepernick Is Actually Trying To Say…
- Phil Baldwin on Phil Baldwin: No On Trump, No On Hillary…
Independent News & Blog Feeds
- Song of the Sausage CreatureHunter S. Thompson on the perverse thrills of fast motorcycles.
- Mendocino County Today: Friday, Sept. 30, 2016Peachland Premonition; Hare Creek EIR; Poplars; No AF; Forum Viewing; Complected Seven; Hanes Sentencing; Adopt Seth; Open Studio; Grape Harvest; Radio Theater; Boat Sale; Yesterday's Catch; Marijuana Millionaires; Job Offer; Apoplectic; Attack Trump; Demonizing Greens; Class Warfare; Kent Landmark; Two Vacancies; Dear Deplorables
- Kipling the JournalistThe author sharpened his pen and style as a teenage reporter in Lahore.
- Mendocino County Today: Thursday, Sept. 29, 2016Oilfire Update; Mendojuana County; Soma; Ukiah Parolee; $1500/Pound; Professional Trimmer; AF Meetings; Boonville Donut; Hollow Earth; McFadden Furniture; Hanes Sentencing; Truck Problem; Yesterday's Catch; Airport Cop; Antiestablishmentarianism; Dance Party; Amazon Crude; Foodshed Shindig; Lead Pollution; Honolulu Birthday
- Six Steps Back to the Land
- Making Streets More Friendly in St. Paul, MNThe Friendly Streets Initiative grew out of a group of volunteers working with various neighborhood organizations to make biking and walking safer in St. Paul.
- Terracing: A Double-Edged Solution for Farming Difficult LandscapesBeyond geological and technical concerns, investing in terracing requires social, political, and financial stability.
- A Cry of Gratitude: Baudelaire’s Magnificent Fan Mail to Wagner"However used to fame a great artist may be, he cannot be insensible to a sincere compliment, especially when that compliment is like a cry of gratitude."
- The Power Paradox: The Surprising and Sobering Science of How We Gain and Lose Influence"We rise in power and make a difference in the world due to what is best about human nature, but we fall from power due to what is worst."
- The Coming of the Postliberal EraOne of the big challenges faced by any student of current events is that of seeing past the turmoil of the present moment to catch the deep trends shaping events on a broader scale. It’s a little like standing on a beach, without benefit of tide tables, and trying to guess whether the tide’s coming in or going out. Waves surge, break, and flow back out to se […]
- A Time for RetrovationIt's been a little more than a year now since I started the narrative that wrapped up last week. The two weeks that Peter Carr spent in the Lakeland Republic in late November of 2065 ended up covering a little more ground than I’d originally intended, and of course the vagaries of politics and culture in the twilight years of the American century got th […]
- Philosopher Alain de Botton Talks About Atheists Moving Beyond the God IssueKrista Tippett, host of the show On Being, recently spoke with philosopher Alain de Botton about moving beyond the "Does God exist?" aspect of atheism. Once we've answered that question for ourselves, then what?
- Texas County Leaders Reject Atheist Banner on Courthouse Lawn (But the Nativity Scene Can Stay)In Kerr County, Texas, the War on Christmas is already underway.Since a Nativity scene has been on the front lawn of the Kerrville County Courthouse every year since 1999, a local atheist recently made a simple request to put up a banner from the Freedom From Religion Foundation in the same space. His proposal was shot down unanimously by the Commissioners.
- “In God We Trust” Sign (That Shouldn’t Have Been There At All) Vandalized Outside Florida SchoolAt Hilliard Middle-Senior High School in Florida, there was a sign outside the building that had the words "In God We Trust" on it. We can argue over whether that should have been there at all, but the story here is that someone used black spray paint over those words, vandalizing the board:
- Judge: Taxpayer Money Can Be Used to Fund Church Renovation Projects in Acton (MA)A judge has ruled that Acton (MA) officials were not violating the law when they approved $115,000 in renovation grants for two local churches. Americans United for Separation of Church and State says it'll appeal the decision.
- 9-Year-Old Genius Says He Wants to Become an Astrophysicist and Prove God’s Existence9-year-old William Maillis is one of those geniuses who's already in college. He graduated high school last year -- while his peers finished fourth grade -- and is currently enrolled in community college. After a year-long transition period, he'll transfer to Carnegie Mellon University, where he plans to study to become an astrophysicist.That' […]
- Two More Candidates for Public Office Announce Their Non-Theism Before the ElectionTwo more politicians on the ballot this November have come out as non-theistic ahead of the election. The Freethought Equality Fund has endorsed both of them.
- Addicted to Christianity? Former Christians Say Yes and No Your results may vary. A generation ago, most people—even those who were not religious—thought of religion as mostly beneficial or at least harmless. But these days opinions are more mixed—with good reason. On the political stage, conservative Christians quote chapter … Continue reading →
- Peeling Back the Polished Pro-Woman Surface of Prolife™ RhetoricProlife leaders trying to convince the world that they are actually pro-woman have failed to convince even their own followers. For years now, the professional class of abortion foes has been working to polish the Prolife brand, claiming that they … Continue reading →
- The Baseless and Detrimental Nature of “Gender Roles” Shoved Onto Our YouthBy Adi Chowdhury “Real men don’t cry.” “Real women should like cooking and cleaning .” “Real men don’t show their feelings.” “Real women always wear nice clothes.” “Real men don’t like the color pink.” “Real women should play with dolls, not action figures.” “Real men play with action figures, not dolls.” “Real women have ‘caring’… Continue reading The Basel […]
- Points to Ponder: Is it “Arrogant” to Disbelieve in Gods?By Adi Chowdhury “It is so arrogant to disbelieve in God!” exclaims the invigorated theist. “How can they possibly place themselves over their Creator? Atheists think their own mind is more reliable than the word of God! How deluded can you get?” Such sentiment is prevalent–and understandably so–among theists, their feet planted in the nefarious convicti […]
- Leaving the Ring.Christian leaders themselves can spin-doctor the latest bad news as much as they like (and oh, they have been!), but reality is unfolding in their ranks whether they like it or not. Their flocks don't have the luxury of denial. They've had to come up with strategies for dealing with the new reality of Christianity's demographic shift, most of […]
- NOT Looking for Group: Takeaways from the New PRRI Religion Survey.The Public Religion Research Institute just released a new study they completed about Christianity in America. It is eye-opening and genuinely shocking, and not only for the reasons that Christians are seeing. There are some hidden messages in this study that they're not seeing, encoded thuds of Moria drums that foretell a catastrophe for the religion t […]
- When Neither Atheists Nor Christians Offer You a Safe SpaceDespite what many atheists would say, a lot of problems within Christian and other religious groups are mirrored in atheist groups. Both groups claim to be open minded, but there’s a reluctance to explore certain kinds of ideas within each camp. When exploring your beliefs while in a Christian group, they are certain that the [Read More...]
- The Christmas That Wasn’tGrowing up, my favorite superhero was definitely Superman. Hands down, no one else captured my childhood imagination more perfectly than he did. I was also taught to idolize Jesus growing up, and it always delighted me that my boyhood idol so closely mirrored the object of my religious devotion as well.* Both of them were, [Read More...]
- Musk’s Mars moment: Audacity, madness, brilliance—or maybe all threeBy Eric Berger Elon Musk finally did it. Fourteen years after founding SpaceX, and nine months after promising to reveal details about his plans to colonize Mars, the tech mogul made good on that promise Tuesday afternoon in Guadalajara, Mexico. Over the course of a 90-minute speech Musk, always a dreamer, shared his biggest and most ambitious dream with the […]
- Where the Public Stands on Religious Liberty vs. NondiscriminationBy Pew Research Center Staff The U.S. public expresses a clear consensus on the contentious question of whether employers who have religious objections to contraception should be required to provide it in health insurance plans for their employees. Fully two-thirds of American adults say such businesses should be required to cover birth control as part of th […]
- Ask Me Anything #5In this episode of the Waking Up podcast, Sam Harris answers questions from listeners about how 9/11 changed his life, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, free will, why he podcasts, Milo and the alt-Right, identity politics, Clinton vs. Trump, vegetarianism, and the Hannibal Buress episode.
- Racism and Violence in AmericaIn this episode of the Waking Up podcast, Sam Harris talks to economist Glenn C. Loury about racism, police violence, the Black Lives Matter movement, and related topics.Glenn C. Loury is the Merton P. Stoltz Professor of the Social Sciences and Professor of Economics at Brown University. He has taught previously at Boston, Harvard and Northwestern Universit […]
- The Cato chronicles, part III: commander, and brotherLet us continue this mini-series on Cato the Younger, one of Stoicism’s role models, to get a better appreciation of the man behind the myth. Following the progression of the very good Rome’s Last Citizen, by Rob Goodman and Jimmy Soni, we have examined Cato’s youth and the environment in which he grew up, as well as his turn … Continue reading The Cato chro […]
- The Cato chronicles, part II: Cato becomes a StoicWe have recently seen how Cato the Younger, one of the classical Stoic role models (especially for Seneca), grew up in a milieu of turmoil and civil war, directly witnessing the atrocities and disregard for the law perpetrated by general Sulla, the victor of a bloody civil war that had divided the Republic. We have also … Continue reading The Cato chronicles […]
- Adventures With the CapBy Carl S ~ A bit of background: First of all, the experiences I report take place for the most part in my own state. My wife and I are retired, but we gave up far traveling some time ago. (However, as the license plates every summer here will attest, the other states come to us.) Secondly, I'm not a confrontational person, but I haven't shied away […]
- Why Anyone Would Want to BelieveBy Carl S ~ "All religions are founded on the fear of the many and the cleverness of the few." - Stendahl.There's an old saying, "the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom." Fear, in the real world, is a reactive proven means of survival. In that case, it's wise to listen to fears. Fear can be warning to prepare oneself for fig […]
- EU Vote Sets Up Paris Agreement for an Early StartBy adding 28 European to states the list of ratifiers, the Paris agreement would pass the threshold needed to go into force this year, far earlier than expected. By Bob Berwyn After months of foot-dragging, the European Union's Council of Ministers voted unanimously on Friday to fast-track EU approval of the Paris climate agreement. The European Parliam […]
- Lawsuit Alleges Exxon Neglects Climate Risks at Mass. Oil TerminalConservation Law Foundation says company endangers communities along the Mystic River by leaving facility vulnerable to storms and rising seas. By David Hasemyer The Conservation Law Foundation has filed a federal lawsuit against ExxonMobil, claiming the company has ignored the dangers of climate change and consequently endangered communities along the Mysti […]
- Alert: Typhoons cause failure of ‘ice wall’ around Fukushima reactors — Highly radioactive water flowing into ocean — Structure “critically affected” — Fears over multiple sections of barrier that have thawed — Expert: “The plan to block groundwater is failing” (VIDEO)Asahi Shimbun, Sep 2, 2016 (emphasis added): Typhoons cause ‘ice wall’ to melt at Fukushima nuclear plant — Rainfall from recent typhoons caused partial melting of the “ice wall” at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant, allowing highly radioactive water to leak from around the damaged reactor buildings… [TEPCO] said melting occurred at two . . . → Read More: Al […]
- TV: “Astronomical amounts of radiation” found in downtown Tokyo… Directly outside gov’t building — ‘Horrific’ readings where kids playing in Fukushima, ‘extreme’ levels found where food is grown for elementary school lunches — Nuclear expert shocked, upset by discovery (VIDEO)CCTV (Channel 17 in Burlington, Vermont), published Jun 20, 2016 (emphasis added): Margaret Harrington, host: I know you mentioned Arnie Gundersen, the chief engineer at Fairewinds, and he said that he measured the radiation there, too. Could you talk about that a little bit? Maggie Gundersen, Fairewinds Energy Education founder and CEO: He’s working . . . → […]
There is NO EVIDENCE that the Bible is from or inspired by a God, or that either of these two man-made biblical scriptures -- foundational to Christianism -- is true:
Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." John 3:16: "For God so loved the world that He gave is only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." NONE.
Most Popular Posts...
The Religion of Usefulness
What Is Freethought?
The Meaning and Value of Freethought
Freethought Keeps On Winning
Lists of Freethinkers/Atheists
The Freethinker and The Improved Man
We are all Stardust...
We're The Lucky Ones
~A Guide To The Good Life: The Ancient Art of Stoic Joy~
If I were not a Buddhist, I would most likely be a Stoic
Finding Meaning in a Purposeless Universe
Why Won't God Heal Amputees?
~Fundamentalism is the Tragedy of All Religions~
The Whole Christian Story in 101 Words
~Christianism: A Relationship Built On Threats~
Exoneration of Jesus Christ
Losing Faith: Yahweh or the Highway
Christianism Disproved Beyond a Reasonable Doubt
Psychological Harms of Bible Believing Christianism
Mondragon: The Loving Society That Is Our Inevitable Future
Living From Our Local Landscape and Countryside - Wendell Berry
The Idea of a Local Economy - Wendell Berry
The Work of Local Culture - Wendell Berry
Finding Meaningful Work - Dave Smith
Cesar Chavez: When Your Guru Goes Gaga - Dave Smith
~Embrace the Mystery~
~Mindfulness Without Religion~
Intelligence, Not the Bible, Is The Only Moral Guide
Religion Is The Root Of All Ignorance
An Organized Collection of Irrational Nonsense
Free of the Biblical God
Don't Mess With God
~Guide to all the Gods~
Alphabetical List of all the Gods
Where Is The Graveyard of Dead Gods?
~List of Religions and Spiritual Traditions~
~Guide to Christianist Denominations: Can you, gentle seeker, find the one true way in these 41,000 alternatives that teaches the exact infallible biblical truth and save your soul from the one true god's eternal damnation? Time's a'wasting...~
Guide to the 40 Best Atheist Arguments
God's Killings in the Bible
God Is Imaginary
Religion Is Terrorism
Christian History 101
An Open Letter To Jesus Christ
12 Really Bad Religious Ideas That Have Made The World Worse
What Leaving Religion Has Done For Me
Carl Sagan Took My Faith and Gave Me Awe
The 30-Second God Debate
Richard Dawkins: The God Delusion
A Christian and a Buddhist Walk Into A Cartoon
The bible has got to go...
Think you're headed for heaven? Think again...
Not Afraid of Burning In Hell
The 20 Basic Reasons To Abandon Christianism
Religion Is Not Only Mistaken, But Does More Harm Than Good - Valerie Tarico
More Valerie Tarico
Religion, Terror, and the Future of Reason - Sam Harris
More Sam Harris
What Muslims Believe
Telling the Truth about the Holy Bible - Robert Ingersoll
How To Be Saved - Robert Ingersoll
The Great Infidels - Robert Ingersoll
Interactive Chart of Biblical Contradictions
Apology for Christianity
Let The Mystery Be
More Socialism — Less Capitalism
The Socialist Alternative
Why support independent, locally owned businesses?
The Local Multiplier Effect
The Dirty F@#*ing Hippies Were Right!
Summary of the Collapse of Industrial Civilization
Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so. ~Robert Ingersoll
All religion is a foolish answer to a foolish question. ~Thomas Shelby
The strongly religious fear our capacity for moral reasoning that does not require a magical, invisible deity. They fear our ability to be ethical without the threat of hell or the reward of heaven. They fear that our allegiance is not to this or that country, or this or that prophet, or this or that guru, but to humanity as a whole. ~Phil Zuckerman
The idea that God could only forgive our sins by having his son tortured to death as a scapegoat is surely, from an objective point of view, a deeply unpleasant idea. If God wanted to forgive us our sins, why didn’t he just forgive them? Why did he have to have his son tortured? ~Richard Dawkins
Small is beautiful, when small is skilled and dedicated. ~Gene Logsdon
All religions are lies and scams, and all believers are victims. ~David Silverman
We [atheists] have no martyrs, we have no saints. ~Christopher Hitchens
Morality is doing right, no matter what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, no matter what is right. ~H L Mencken
I've observed that people tend to live at one of two extremes in the spectrum of life: those who live on the edge, and those who avoid the edge. Those who live on the edge are hanging out in the most dangerous and unstable places — yet they're also often the most powerful agents of change, because the edge is where change is happening; away from the edge, things are naturally unchanging. ~Thom Hartmann
Religion. It's given people hope in a world torn apart by religion. ~Jon Stewart
My 12th year was my most Christian and most boring year in my life. ~Chuck Berry
Come on. You just can’t come up with anything more ridiculous than someone who honestly thinks that all human woes stem from an incident in which a talking snake accosted a naked woman in a primeval garden and talked her into eating a piece of fruit. ~Keith Parsons
When men stop believing in God, it isn't that they then believe in nothing: they believe in everything. ~Umberto Eco
Christians don’t need to be born again, they need to grow up. ~John Shelby Spong
Life is not a problem to be solved, nor a question to be answered. Life is a mystery to be experienced. ~Alan Watts
Society is like a stew: If you don't stir it up every now and then, the scum rises to the top.~Edward Abbey
You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ~Buckminster Fuller
How thoughtful of God to arrange matters so that, wherever you happen to be born, the local religion always turns out to be the true one. ~ Richard Dawkins
I’m not saying there isn’t a god, but there isn’t a god who cares about people. And who wants a god who doesn’t give a shit? ~Robert Munsch
One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion. ~Arthur C. Clarke
Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish. ~ Anon
When you understand why you dismiss all the other gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. ~ Stephen Roberts
Life is without meaning. You bring the meaning to it. The meaning of life is whatever you ascribe it to be. Being alive is the meaning. ~ Joseph Campbell
The only true definition of an atheist: a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in God or gods. ~Oxford English Dictionary
You have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Faith is just another word for gullibility.
I sang as one / Who on a tilting deck sings / To keep men's courage up, though the wave hangs / That shall cut off their sun. ~C. Day Lewis
Browse The Categories
Browse The Archives
Books of the Freethinkers Bible
What is a fact beyond all doubt is that we share an ancestor with every other species of animal and plant on the planet. We know this because some genes are recognizably the same genes in all living creatures, including animals, plants and bacteria. And, above all, the genetic code itself — the dictionary by which all genes are translated — is the same across all living creatures that have ever been looked at. We are all cousins. Your family tree includes not just obvious cousins like chimpanzees and monkeys but also mice, buffaloes, iguanas, wallabies, snails, dandelions, golden eagles, mushrooms, whales, wombats and bacteria. All are our cousins. Every last one of them. Isn't that a far more wonderful thought than any myth? And the most wonderful thing of all is that we know for certain it is literally true...
The whole world is made of incredibly tiny things, much too small to be visible to the naked eye — and yet none of the myths or so-called holy books that some people, even now, think were given to us by an all-knowing god, mentions them at all! In fact, when you look at those myths and stories, you can see that they don't contain any of the knowledge that science has patiently worked out. They don't tell us how big or how old the universe is; they don't tell us how to treat cancer; they don't explain gravity or the internal combustion engine; they don't tell us about germs, or anesthetics. In fact, unsurprisingly, the stories in holy books don't contain any more information about the world than was known to the primitive peoples who first started telling them! If these 'holy books' really were written, or dictated, or inspired, by all-knowing gods, don't you think it's odd that those gods said nothing about any of these important and useful things? -Richard Dawkins
Prayer seems to me a cry of weakness, and an attempt to avoid, by trickery, the rules of the game as laid down. I do not choose to admit weakness. I accept the challenge of responsibility. Life, as it is, does not frighten me, since I have made my peace with the universe as I find it, and bow to its laws… It seems to me that organized creeds are collections of words around a wish. I feel no need for such.
I know that nothing is destructible; things merely change forms. When the consciousness we know as life ceases, I know that I shall still be part and parcel of the world. I was a part before the sun rolled into shape and burst forth in the glory of change. I was, when the earth was hurled out from its fiery rim. I shall return with the earth to Father Sun, and still exist in substance when the sun has lost its fire, and disintegrated into infinity to perhaps become a part of the whirling rubble of space. Why fear? The stuff of my being is matter, ever changing, ever moving, but never lost; so what need of denominations and creeds to deny myself the comfort of all my fellow men? -Zora Neale Hurston
Socialist Alternative is the organization that spearheaded the campaign to elect Kshama Sawant to Seattle City Council, the first independent socialist elected in a major U.S. city in decades. We are a national organization fighting in our workplaces, communities, and campuses against the exploitation and injustices people face every day. We are community activists fighting against budget cuts in public services; we are activists campaigning for a $15/hour minimum wage and fighting, democratic unions; we are people of all colors speaking out against racism and attacks on immigrants, students organizing against tuition hikes and war, women and men fighting sexism and homophobia.
We believe the Republicans and Democrats are both parties of big business, and we are campaigning to build an independent, alternative party of workers and young people to fight for the interests of the millions, not the millionaires.
We see the global capitalist system as the root cause of the economic crisis, poverty, discrimination, war, and environmental destruction. As capitalism moves deeper into crisis, a new generation of workers and youth must join together to take the top 500 corporations into public ownership under democratic control to end the ruling elites’ global competition for profits and power.
We believe the dictatorships that existed in the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe were perversions of what socialism is really about.
We are for democratic socialism where ordinary people will have control over our daily lives.
An atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church. An atheist believes that deed must be done instead of prayer said. An atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into death. He wants disease conquered, poverty vanished, war eliminated. ~Madalyn Murray O'Hair, Founder
In the history of the world, the number of times a supernatural anything has been proven true is zero. Every god, ghost, spirit, devil, possession, and miracle ever claimed true is a lie. No exceptions. The number of times an atheistic (godless) argument has been proven wrong by a theistic argument is zero... In contrast, every time a theist-versus-atheist argument has been settled, an atheistic argument has won. This does not mean science is antireligion; it just means (or rather, strongly implies) religion is wrong... I challenge anyone to find any scientifically valid testable proof of anything supernatural, ever. If you can prove it, even once, I'll quit my job. I'm not nervous, as it has never been done in history, because it's ALL a lie. ~David Silverman, President
Local Organic Family Farms
THE SMALL ORGANIC FARM greatly discomforts the corporate/ industrial mind because the small organic farm is one of the most relentlessly subversive forces on the planet. Over centuries both the communist and the capitalist systems have tried to destroy small farms because small farmers are a threat to the consolidation of absolute power.
Thomas Jefferson said he didn’t think we could have democracy unless at least 20% of the population was self-supporting on small farms so they were independent enough to be able to tell an oppressive government to stuff it.
It is very difficult to control people who can create products without purchasing inputs from the system, who can market their products directly thus avoiding the involvement of mercenary middlemen, who can butcher animals and preserve foods without reliance on industrial conglomerates, and who can’t be bullied because they can feed their own faces. ~Eliot Coleman
Are The Heart
Of Free Communities
The only "hallowed halls"
I know of exist in
libraries and bookstores.
They saved my life. ~ ds
If you have a garden
and a library,
you have everything
you need. ~ Cicero